|General Admission||$150.00 (CAD)*||Sold Out|
|Gift Certificate (enter number during registration)||$0.00 (CAD)||Sold Out|
* price does not include taxes
- March 1, 2020
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join our own in-house Butcher Elyse Chatteron, member of the Canadian Team for the World Butcher Challenge taking place in Sacramento in September 2020, for this special class exploring techniques in pig butchery. Bring your cameras and be ready to take videos, as Elyse shows you how to break down a side of Irving’s Farm pork. She’ll also be teaching you how to make Bacon and Guanciale, as well as how to use the trim to make Sausages. And of course she’ll be walking you through how to prepare your favourite cuts, from roasts to chops. On the culinary side, we’ll be showing you how to cook those sausages, as well as how to prepare a selection of dishes, from patés to braises. Our full menu is in the works and coming soon.
This class is not suitable for vegetarian diets but gluten-free substitutions are available on request.
Class Fee: $150 per person, plus GST. Your Fee Includes: a 5-hour butchery and cooking class, snacks and a full meal with paired drinks, and a recipe pack to take home.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking you must do so no less than 14 days prior to the date of your class in order to receive a refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of a class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
Venue: Get Cooking
Venue Phone: (780) 566-2106
Venue Website: /about/contact/Address:
Get Cooking is located within the Residence Building at MacEwan University downtown. Access is via our patio on the SE corner of the building (see map below).
Passes for free parking in MacEwan University’s West Parkade will be provided whenever you attend a class at Get Cooking. The West Parkade is highlighted in green on the map below.
- Access to the West Parkade is via 110 street and 104 avenue, the West Parkade is a five story above ground parkade.
- Take a ticket from the ticket dispenser at the parkade entrance to entry the parkade.
- On exit insert the entry ticket into the exit payment station followed by the onetime exit voucher, the gate will open.
- Should you have a problem a help button is located on all entry and exit terminals that will put you in contact with either Transportation Services or Security to assist.