|General Admission||$115.00 (CAD)*||Sold Out|
|Gift Certificate (enter number during registration)||$0.00 (CAD)||Sold Out|
* price does not include taxes
- February 4, 2020
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Home cooks are often intimidated by the thought of seafood – how to choose it, how to prepare it, and how to cook it well. In this simple seafood cooking class our goal is to make cooking seafood both fun and accessible. For this new class, we’ll be looking in depth at Bivalves, as we discuss how to prepare and cook them perfectly, with recipes that you can easily replicate and also build on at home. We’ll kick things off with a steaming bowl of Mussels in white wine, served with crusty French bread. Then we’ll look at making one of our Italian favourites, Spaghetti alla Vongole (with Clams). And finally we’ll be working with Scallops as we show you how to prepare them in multiple ways, from perfectly pan seared to cured.
This class is not suitable for vegetarian diets or for those with seafood allergies, but gluten-free substitutions are available on request.
Class Fee: $115 per person, plus GST. Your Fee Includes: a 3-hour class, a full meal with wine pairings and a recipe pack to take home.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking you must do so no less than 14 days prior to the date of your class in order to receive a refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of a class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
Venue: Get Cooking
Venue Phone: (780) 566-2106
Venue Website: /about/contact/Address:
Get Cooking is located within the Residence Building at MacEwan University downtown. Access is via our patio on the SE corner of the building (see map below).
Passes for free parking in MacEwan University’s West Parkade will be provided whenever you attend a class at Get Cooking. The West Parkade is highlighted in green on the map below.
- Access to the West Parkade is via 110 street and 104 avenue, the West Parkade is a five story above ground parkade.
- Take a ticket from the ticket dispenser at the parkade entrance to entry the parkade.
- On exit insert the entry ticket into the exit payment station followed by the onetime exit voucher, the gate will open.
- Should you have a problem a help button is located on all entry and exit terminals that will put you in contact with either Transportation Services or Security to assist.