- April 25, 2020
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us as we work with paring knives and chefs’ knives during this Introductory Knife Skills class. If you choose to use our knives you’ll be using 8-inch Henckels chefs’ knives, but you’re welcome to bring your own knife along if you’d prefer. During your class, we’ll be focusing on the following basic skills:
- Slicing and chopping onions and shallots;
- Pureeing garlic;
- Tomato concassé;
- Chiffonade of leafy herbs;
- How to dice, slice and julienne vegetables;
- Peeling round fruits; and
- Segmenting citrus fruits.
And as if all of that is not enough, while you’re busy chopping and slicing, we’ll also be whipping up a hearty slice of Bruschetta, a Fennel & Citrus Salad and a Caramelized Onion Tart to enjoy with a glass of wine or two before we send you home, armed with the knowledge and skills required to wield your knives with greater confidence on your own.
Vegetarian and gluten-free substitutions are available on request.
Class Fee: $115 per person, plus GST. Your Fee Includes: a 3-hour class, a full brunch with wine pairings, and a recipe pack to take home.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking you must do so no less than 14 days prior to the date of your class in order to receive a refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of a class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
Venue: Get Cooking
Venue Phone: (780) 566-2106
Venue Website: /about/contact/Address:
Get Cooking is located within the Residence Building at MacEwan University downtown. Access is via our patio on the SE corner of the building (see map below).
Passes for free parking in MacEwan University’s West Parkade will be provided whenever you attend a class at Get Cooking. The West Parkade is highlighted in green on the map below.
- Access to the West Parkade is via 110 street and 104 avenue, the West Parkade is a five story above ground parkade.
- Take a ticket from the ticket dispenser at the parkade entrance to entry the parkade.
- On exit insert the entry ticket into the exit payment station followed by the onetime exit voucher, the gate will open.
- Should you have a problem a help button is located on all entry and exit terminals that will put you in contact with either Transportation Services or Security to assist.