Join Kathryn, Elyse and Shannon together with hosts Graham Usher of UnWined and Burns descendant Peter Burns, as we celebrate Robbie Burns day with our interpretation of a traditional Burns Supper, together with Scottish Whisky pairings to match each course.
We will be visiting all 6 whisky regions in Scotland – each with its own distinctive taste and character. And throughout the evening we will be treated to the poems of the Bard himself – as read by Peter Burns. And we’ll be inviting you to recite a song or a poem between courses too. So book your tickets, and start preparing!
The Following Menu is subject to adjustment and revisions based on seasonal availability and our interpretation of these traditional Burns Supper favourites:
Whisky Cured Salmon | Rock Island (Whisky Cured Salmon)
Cullen Skink | The Gauldrons (Campbeltown)
Haggis*, Neeps & Tatties | Big Peat (Islay)
Venison, Red Currants | Scallywag (Speyside)
Crachan | Timorous Beastie (Highlands)
Shortbread | The Epicurean (Lowlands)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A COOKING CLASS.
* We will be offering Lamb Sausage as a substitution for Haggis. Please note your preference when booking.
Ticket Price: $145 per person, plus GST. Your Price Includes: a multi-course Sit Down Dinner with Whisky pairings as well as a welcome Whisky to cleanse your palate.
Our menu is not suitable for vegetarian or gluten-free diets.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking you must do so no less than 14 days prior to the date of your class in order to receive a refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of a class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- January 25, 2020
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Venue: Get Cooking
Venue Phone: (780) 566-2106
Venue Website: /about/contact/Address:
Get Cooking is located within the Residence Building at MacEwan University downtown. Access is via our patio on the SE corner of the building (see map below).
Passes for free parking in MacEwan University’s West Parkade will be provided whenever you attend a class at Get Cooking. The West Parkade is highlighted in green on the map below.
- Access to the West Parkade is via 110 street and 104 avenue, the West Parkade is a five story above ground parkade.
- Take a ticket from the ticket dispenser at the parkade entrance to entry the parkade.
- On exit insert the entry ticket into the exit payment station followed by the onetime exit voucher, the gate will open.
- Should you have a problem a help button is located on all entry and exit terminals that will put you in contact with either Transportation Services or Security to assist.